We're using Teams+Class Notebook for our online classes.
Here's how you set it up...
Our online classes are powered by Microsoft Teams and OneNote. Whether you are attending the lessons onsite or online, you should set up your Number Skill school account because our online classes are not just a Zoom meeting.
Main features of Teams and OneNote
- Allow us to monitor the student's work in real-time. It is as good as having the tutor next to the student and watch as the student writes onto OneNote.
- Students will have the archive of all the Whiteboard. There is no need to worry about copying from the board anymore. Each student will have his/her own copy of the Whiteboard in OneNote.
- Homework can be submitted by writing directly in OneNote or by taking photos into OneNote and tutors can mark and annotate directly on it.
- Homework can be submitted days before the next lesson so that mistakes can be discussed during the next lesson. No need to wait for the next lesson to submit homework anymore.
- Discussions can continue outside lesson time in Teams. It's not just a WhatsApp group chat. Students and tutors can post questions and members can answer each other using annotations or text.
- Recording of each lesson is accessible in Teams. Miss part of the lesson because you were late? You can now easily catch up on what you missed.
- Not to mention the superior audio and video quality of Teams and much more...
Anyway, what you need to do is to follow the simple steps below and you will be able to get on to the Number Skill online experience! See you on the other side!
Step 1: Install Microsoft Teams and OneNote
You should install Microsoft Teams and OneNote for both your desktop/laptop and mobile phone. At the minimum, you'll need Teams installed on your desktop/laptop for the meetings and you'll need OneNote on your phone for taking photos of your work for submission.
Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app to download Teams.
Go to Microsoft Store or your relevant app stores to download and install OneNote. OneNote is available for Windows, Mac, iOs and Andriod devices.
Step 2: Set up your account on mobile device
Your tutor will send you the username and password. You'll need the username and password to set up. Follow the steps described below closely or follow the steps in the video.
Click here for the video.
- Sign into your Teams on your mobile device. You should be able to see your class code under the Teams tab.
Tap on the General channel.
- In the General channel, you will find more tabs such as: POSTS, FILES, MORE.
Click on MORE.
- Tap on "Class Notebook" to link your OneNote app to your Teams account.
- You will be directed to your OneNote app. Sign in using your log-in credentials if necessary.
Step 3: Set up your account on desktop/laptop
Open your Teams app on your desktop/laptop and log into your account using the same username and password given.
You should be able to see your class. Click on it and you will be able to see the Class Notebook tab.
Everything will be in sync. What you did on your desktop/laptop will be synced with your apps on your mobile device.
Congratulations! You are done and ready!
How to join a lesson?
We strongly recommend that you use your desktop or laptop for our live lessons (or meetings).
- On the left panel, you will see a button for "Calendar." Click on "Calendar."
- On the calendar panel, click on "Work week" at the top right corner and select "Week" so that you can see Saturday and Sunday.
- Click on the lesson you want to join on the calendar. You can check the details. Click on "Join" on the top right corner to join the lesson (or meeting).
How to submit a photo of my work during lesson?
You will have to send your work to your tutor during the lesson so that the tutor can monitor your progress and give you feedback accordingly.
You can take a photo of your work and send it via OneNote or if you have a laptop that supports a stylus pen (Surface or Apple Pencil), you can write directly onto your OneNote app.
Click here for the video.
To take a photo and submit via OneNote.
- Open up your OneNote app on your phone and tap on "Classwork."
- Tap on a new page (or Untitled page).
- Key in the date and details of that lesson. Tap on the blank space below and tap on the camera icon to start your camera.
- You can crop, rotate and annotate on your photo before sending. Sorry, no filters. This is not Instagram ok!
Tap on "Done" to upload your work.
This is how you will submit your homework as well.