Lessons in December holiday (2019 Sec4)
Due to the different holiday plans for each student, it will be difficult to conduct class effectively during the December school holiday period. As such, please note that there will not be regular lessons during the December school holiday period. There will, however, be a few intensive revision classes so that students can make use of the holiday to catch up on their weaker topics and gear up for the new year’s work.
The intensive revision lessons are scheduled for the first week of Dec.
- 3 Dec (Mon) 2pm - 5pm: Binomial Theorem and Logarithm
- 4 Dec (Tue) 2pm - 5pm: Coordinate Geometry and Linear Law
- 6 Dec (Thu) 2pm- 5pm: Trigonometry
I understand that some students may not be able to attend a few, if not all, the lessons due to their holiday plans. In such cases, these students can log into the student portal to download the worksheets and do the revision with the support of the video recordings of the lessons they missed. This can be done at their own time.
- Please note that regular fee of 4 lessons (old rate) will be incurred in December despite the total lesson time of 9 hours. Usually, there are only 8 hours of lesson time in 4 lessons. The invoice will show 4 lessons for accounting purpose.
- There will be a 50% discount for students who miss the lessons due to overseas trip only. Please pay the fee in full before the due date to avoid the late fee and contact me with the trip details such as the date of travel and document proof to initiate the refund. Please go to https://goo.gl/forms/otErR6zYG5KECwJC3 to apply for the refund or use the QR code below:
New lesson structure in 2019
Following feedback from parents, I’ve decided to change the structure of the class to a once-a-week class. Most of the students have math lesson almost everyday in school so changing the class into a once-a-week program will make it challenging to keep up with the pace in school. Therefore, there will be extra lessons during the school holiday periods in March, June and September. There will also be more homework and tests to ensure students are performing at a high standard.
To minimize any disruption, the lesson will be held on Sunday at 2.30pm. There will be no more lesson on Tuesday evenings for this class starting from January 2019.
The fee for the class will also be adjusted as well. I don’t believe in squeezing in as many students as possible into a class. As such, my class size is capped at 15. At times, we have to increase the fee to reduce the demand. The last time we adjust the fee for our secondary classes was a few years ago.
Being an existing student, your fee increase is minimal. The new fee for 2019 will be $75 per lesson. There is no other fee. As a point of reference, the fee for a new student joining the class will be $90 per lesson.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous support in this journey to bring the best out of your child and wish you and your family have a wonderful holiday!
Founder, Principal tutor
Number Skill Learning Centre
Effective teaching that boosts your confidence and helps you score “A”s!